Under the name of DOTimplantSOURCE we are providing integrated outsourcing solutions for Original Equipment Manufacturers and distributors of medical implants and associated instruments... Read more
Under the name of DOTbiomaterials we are manufacturing products of regenerative medicine ... Read more
Composition & Properties
Hypro-Sorb® F consists of bovine collagen type I. Due to the removal of telopeptides the membrane possesses a very high degree of biocompatibility. A special production process generates a bi-layer structure with a smooth and a rough layer.
Figure: Rough and smooth side of the membrane
Mechanism of action of Hypro-Sorb® F:
While the smooth layer supports the healing of the soft tissue, osteoblasts and osteoblast-precursor cells use the disordered structure of the collagen fibers on the rough side to infiltrate into the porous structures and initiate the formation of new bone tissue.
Although the collagen fibers have no additive cross linking the membrane shows a resorption time of nearly 6 months. This barrier function is sufficiently long and the membrane is completely bioresorbed after approx. 6 months. Therefore a second surgical intervention for removal of the membrane is not required.
Figure: Release of growth factors from thrombocytes. (Courtesy of Lars Faxalv)
Advantages at a glance
- Highly purified collagen type I (without immunogenic telopeptides)
- Hydrophilic: fast adaption on defects
- Completely resorbable
- Resorption time approx. 6 months (without any cross linking) ? sufficient barrier function
- Clinically proved
- Easy handling and perfect adaption to the defect
- Rough porous layer supports bone tissue integration, smooth layer forms a natural barrier against soft tissue cells
Flyer Hypro-Sorb F [pdf, 0,3MB]